DEPARTMENT: Operations and Services
LOCATION: Victoria, New South Wales and South Australia
Linde Material Handling is a leader in the material handling industry with a great opportunity for an experience Field Service Technician who wishes to build a career with a well-respected company, while at the same time gaining experience with some of the world’s premier forklift trucks to join our team.
This position requires you to assemble, maintain, diagnose and repair our extensive range of technologically advanced forklift trucks.
Ideally you will be the sort of person who can quickly learn and apply technology, be well presented, have strong communication and customer service skills, be able to work autonomously, possess a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude. In addition you will have previous experience working on forklift, heavy earthmoving, plant or automotive equipment, and be computer literate. Diagnostics, hydraulics, pneumatics and/or material handling experience will be highly regarded.
- Diagnose and trouble shoot software and hardware issues
- Order spare parts online
- Use the IVT car system to receive jobs from office and to log relevant information
- Customer service and communication skills
- Manage service van stock levels and ensure proper maintenance and care of tools
- Liaise with the service allocators to confirm the jobs assigned every day and ensure paperwork is completed accurately and on time
- Be able to assist in repairs of units in the workshop
- Assist other service techs as required
- Ability to be on call for after-hours issues
- Servicing and repairs on various sizes and models of forklifts
- Basic PM service on Linde trucks except VNA and HET
- Non specialised mechanical repairs
- Mast roller and hose replacement
- Wheel bearing service and replacement
- Alternator, starter replacement
- Hydraulic and coolant hose replacement
- Diagnose and replace power and control fuses
- Drive and load wheel replacement
- Forklift License
- Driver’s License
- General product knowledge of motors (electric & IC)
- At least 3 years’ experience in forklift repairs
- Understanding of OH&S obligations
- Computer skills in Microsoft office packages – Word, Excel & Outlook
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Good customer service skills
- Understanding of the selling process.
Linde Material Handling is looking for an energetic, high performing individual with a can-do attitude that can contribute to our business by providing quality workmanship.
You will have a mechanical/electrical background ideally having worked on forklifts or heavy equipment or automotive. Hydraulics and/or pneumatics experience is preferable but not mandatory. You will also have excellent communication and customer service skills and a positive work attitude.
This role will be a full-time permanent position commencing ASAP. To be successful for this role you will undergo full background and license checks.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for the position please forward your written application inclusive of current CV to the Human Resources Department at Recruitment@Lindemh.com.au